An essential step in any homeowner’s routine is preparing for hurricane season, especially if you live here in the lovely state of Florida. Every year at the beginning of June, millions of families batten the hatches in preparation for severe weather.
Even if your property came through unscathed during the last hurricane season, don’t rest easy just yet. Proper preparation can prevent the need for storm damage repair in Brevard County, FL, and many other hurricane-prone areas. Here are some steps you can take to prepare your home for hurricane season this year:
- Perform any repairs now. Have you been putting off smaller repairs? Replacing missing shingles or patch small leaks before storm damage has the chance to worsen them.
- Schedule a professional inspection. Even if your roof doesn’t appear to have any damage, it’s worth your time to have a professional assess it for hidden issues.
- Put your preferred roof contractor on notice. Before the storm hits, get in touch with your locally trusted roofing company. Let them know you may need their help later on.
Remember, staying proactive about your roof’s condition can save you plenty of money and heartache later on. You will be glad you did.
As the proud owner of a metal roof, you know that your roof is prepared to stand up to years of weather, debris, and heavy wear and tear. Metal roofing is one of the most durable options out there. It can last upwards of 40 years. However, no roofing material lasts forever, and when it’s time to replace your metal roof, there are a few signs you can look for to be sure.
- Rust – Rust tends to collect on metal roofs when the protective outer coating deteriorates. A few rust spots here and there can usually be repaired, but if there’s rust in many places, you may be better off with a new roof replacement in Palm Bay, FL.
- Leaks – A leaking roof is a homeowner’s worst nightmare. It can result in costly water damage, as well as plenty of stress and anxiety on your part. If your metal roof is leaking, it’s a good idea to ask a contractor whether replacement is the best option.
- Dents – In general, a dented metal roof is only an aesthetic defect. If storm debris or a fallen branch left your roof looking worse for wear, you might prefer to replace it – especially if you’re concerned about your property’s curb appeal.
Everyone knows that a new roof will protect your home from the elements, but there are other benefits to this investment. We have put together a list of three additional reasons to install a new roof on your property:
- Efficient Options – There are many new roofing options on the market that can improve the energy efficiency of your home. When your roofing reflects sunlight instead of absorbing it, you will start to notice a change in your energy bills.
- Make Your Neighbors Jealous – There is nothing like a new roof to improve your curb appeal. Your neighbors will look at your new roof with envy, noting that they want a roof like you have on your home.
- Increased Resale Value – If you are planning on selling your home in the near future, a new roof is a perfect way to improve your resale value. With this simple investment, you will attract potential buyers with incredible ease.
Whether you need a full replacement for your home or are looking for a new roof for your business, you can trust our roofers in Cocoa, FL. The team at G & W Roofing, Inc., have years of experience providing roofing services throughout Central Florida.
Having a roof replaced on your home or business is a hard task to wrap your head around. Many of our clients want to know how long the average roof replacement may take. The answer is not as simple as it may seem.
The length of time spent replacing a roof depends on a wide array of variables. One of the most significant variables is the weather. If it starts to rain in the middle of a project, then your roofers will have to take a break to ensure that everything dries before they get started again.
Another significant variable to roofing replacements is the type of work being performed. If we are replacing a shingle roof on an average Florida suburban home, the task can take as little as a couple of days. It may even take only hours if it is a partial replacement. On the other hand, replacing the roof on a large business can take a few weeks. It all depends on the size of the roof, as well as the materials used.
Call us today at (321) 264-2227 for more information about receiving a roof replacement in Palm Bay, FL, and the surrounding communities. Our team has years of experience providing residential and commercial replacement services, offering free estimates for every job we perform.
Buying a new home is fun, but it can also be overwhelming. There are many things you have to learn, including information about roofing. Our staff has researched three things you should know about your new roof, as well as roofing in general:
- Roofing Age – Most asphalt roofs last only about 15 to 20 years. Before you move into a new home, you should have someone tell you the age of the roof, as well as any other vital information regarding repairs, leaks, or potential problems.
- Leaks Do Not Always Come from Holes – If you are dealing with a leak in your roof, it is vital to know that leaks can come from a wide array of places. Your leak may be from a missing nail, loose flashing, or unsealed shingles. An inspector can help you learn more about your leak.
- Always Hire a Professional – It may seem simple to repair your own roof, but you should always hire a roofer to take care of repairs and other issues. A roofer has the knowledge necessary to fix your roof correctly. Additionally, they know how to climb up a roof without falling over.
When you need a roof repair in Melbourne, FL, or the surrounding communities, you can always trust the team at G & W Roofing, Inc. Our business features skilled professionals who provide you with free estimates for our services.
Are you in need of roofing repairs? It is essential to know whether you should have the roof repaired or completely replaced. Here are a few reasons why you should have it fixed:
- Price – If you are on a budget, you can have your roof repaired for far less than a replacement. Making a repair as soon as possible is vital, as letting the problem go for too long means that you will eventually have to invest in a replacement
- Roof Quality – When was the last time you had your roof replaced? If your roof has been replaced within the last 20 years, then you should be good. It would be best if you had a roofer take a look at the rest of the roof to make sure that this is the right move for you
- Wind Damage – If a particularly windy storm has caused damage to your roof, you should be able to take care of the issues with a simple repair. Many homeowners’ insurance policies cover wind-related damage, such as shingle replacements.
Speak with the Brevard County roofers at G & W Roofing, Inc., to learn more about our many great services. We are happy to provide you with repairs to your flat, metal, shingle, and gravel roofing.
Upgrade your property by investing in a new metal roof from G & W Roofing, Inc. We have put together a list of three reasons why you should choose this style of roofing:
- Installed by a Skilled Workforce – Anyone can install a standard shingle roof. It takes talented specialists to install a metal roof properly. The individuals who work on metal roofing have to do more training to learn how to properly do their job, as well as keep up with new developments in the industry to make sure you are receiving top-of-the-line services.
- Built to Last – A metal roof can last for a long time. Depending on the type of metal used, it can last anywhere from 50 to 100 years. By spending the money now, you will not have to worry about doing any repairs or replacements on your home for many years.
- Quality Materials – When we build a metal roof, we only use the best materials available. Many different finishes and colors are available to match your property’s exterior. Additionally, technology has enabled metal roofs to be energy-efficient.
If you are interested in having a metal roof installed on your home or business, you can trust the roofing contractors in Brevard County, Florida, at G & W Roofing, Inc. We are ready to provide you with durable and attractive metal roofs.
Finding the right contractor to help you with your roof can be hard. There are many roofing companies out there – so where do you start? We have put together a list of simple ways to find the right roofer for your needs:
- Do Your Research – You should always spend some time doing research before hiring a roofer to work on your home or business. Read reviews online, speak to people who have had work done on their roof, and check out local community apps like Nextdoor.
- Get Referrals – If you do not trust people online, you should consider getting referrals from trustworthy places. You can speak with any local contractors you know, talk to the lumber specialists at your local hardware store, or even ask your real estate agent to help you when you are buying a new property.
- Meet Your Potential Roofers – A good roofer will take the time to meet with you, discuss your needs, and provide you with an estimate for the services you require. If a roofer refuses to meet with you, check them off your list and move on to the next one.
One of the easiest ways to great roofers in Palm Bay, FL, is to pick up the phone and call the team at G & W Roofing, Inc., at (321) 264-2227. For years, individuals and business owners have trusted our specialists to help them with new installations and repair services. Let us help you with your next project.
Taking proper care of your roof does not have to be hard, but there are many things people do that can cause damage to your roofing. Here are a few general mistakes that many people make that can cause damage to your property:
- Over-Insulating – Did you know that there is a thing as too much insulation? If you have too much insulation in your attic or crawl space, it will not allow the area to ventilate properly. This lack of ventilation can lead to problems with mold.
- No Roof Inspections – You should take the time to inspect your roof every year to ensure that everything looks good. These regular inspections allow you to spot minor problems that may lead to significant issues in the future.
- Not Properly Replacing Shingles – If you are the type of person who likes to take care of their own roofing repairs, it is vital that you do not place new shingles over your old roofing. This can cause huge issues which will eventually lead to a full roof replacement.
You can count on the team at G & W Roofing, Inc., when you are seeking assistance with roofing issues. We are available when you need a roof repair in Melbourne, FL, as well as a variety of other cities throughout the Brevard County area.
Are you interested in hiring talented Brevard County roofers to work on your home or business? The team at G & W Roofing, Inc., is here to assist you. Whether you are interested in repairing your shingle roof or are curious about having a custom metal roof installed, you can rest assured that our team will be able to assist you with your needs.
For three decades, our team has been working hard to ensure that people throughout Central Florida receive high-end roofing services in towns like Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Merritt Island, and other communities throughout the area. When you hire us, you can feel confident that we will only use the best materials available to make your repairs. Furthermore, we always provide you with a free estimate, providing you with vital information about costs before you have us work on your home.
Call us today at (321) 264-2227 to speak with a member of our team about our services. You will always receive a prompt reply when you contact us. We are available to work on your home or business, providing you with flat, metal, shingle, and gravel roof services. Additionally, you can hire us when you are seeking blown-in insulation services.